Five Reasons To Drink Tea, The Perfect Drink For Knitters & Crocheters
If you’re like me, you look for easy ways to be a little more healthy in your every day life. Drinking more tea (and less alcohol, juice, soda, coffee) is a simple way to gain many health benefits and it’s a nice companion to have by your side while knitting or crocheting.
Five Benefits of Drinking Tea
- Tea contains antioxidants, which some researchers claim can help protect against some cancers like breast, colon, colorectal, skin and more.
- It’s hydrating! Even though we know now that eight-glasses-a-day is a myth, we still must stay hydrated and tea is a great way to do it. Staying hydrated is good for your skin too.
- It keeps your bones healthy. Green teas have been found to improve bone density and strength.
- Tea has less caffeine, is easier to make than coffee and some people say that black tea slows down the bacteria that causes bad breath, something coffee definitely does not help with!
- Can help with weight loss. Some studies have shown that drinking tea regularly can help regulate your metabolism.
I love tea, so I was over the moon when recently given the opportunity to sample several teas from Yogi Tea. The Yogi collection of wellness teas combines over 140 exotic spices and botanicals from around the globe to create over 50 delicious varieties of green tea, herbal tea and black tea; each formulated for delicious taste and healthful benefit.
Here are some highlights, teas you definitely want to try and have on hand:
- Bedtime® Tea – sleep tea blend that combines soothing Passionflower with relaxing Chamomile Flower. Perfect for before-bed and so yummy.
- Ginger Tea – purposefully blended with Ginger, a time-honored herb with a long history of use for supporting digestion. Ayurvedic practitioners have used it as a way of activating the body’s internal energy to promote balance and harmony.
- Honey Lavender Stress Relief Tea – made with herbs traditionally used for relaxation including Lavender, Chamomile and Lemon Balm.
- Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life Tea – designed to help provide energy for an active lifestyle while dieting.
- Throat Comfort® Tea – combines Licorice Root with Slippery Elm Bark; both used in Western herbalism to help relieve minor throat irritation. This is an all-time favorite in my family.
Hope you’re feeling inspired to brew a pot of tea right now, I know I am!
Visit Yogi Tea online to learn more about their collection of health and wellness teas.